Monday, November 15, 2010

Art Every Day Month - Day 15....At the Coffee Shop


Our local coffee shop had open mic night for poetry. We got there just after they finished, we were running behind because hubby had public transportation issues coming home tonight. We got a cup of java, listened to some Beatles, sang along and laughed at the antics of the poetry folks, who were socializing after their readings. I sketched them, which was very much like sketching fish in a fish tank because they were constantly moving, LOL. It's tough to sketch the public because they aren't posing for you so the pose can frequently change depending on your subject having the "fidgets." It's a good exercise, though.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so bad at sketching moving subjects. Looks like you captured them well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, read tonight's post about what happened when I tried to gesso the back of the page.....I could kick myself.

    ReplyDelete

Gina Lento on Facebook
>