Saturday, November 13, 2010

Art Every Day Month - Day 13....The Paintworks in Voorhees NJ


This watercolor sketch, with some ink for detail, was done very quickly as the sun was setting, the last of the "golden hour." I pretty much got this done by the skin of my teeth, balancing the sketchbook and my watercolor palette precariously on my sketch bag and sketch box , as a make shift easel. If this was a painting, I would have corrected a few things, but this is just a color sketch and I could probably do a painting from the information I set down here plus what I remember from the scene. That's the advantage of doing sketches on location, you retain a lot in memory.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I like working loose. This way you don't get so uptight about what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete

Gina Lento on Facebook
>