Tuesday, November 15, 2011

AEDM - Day 15 - Cranberries, before they became cranberry sauce

This evening, I wanted to cook my cranberry sauce for dinner tomorrow to save myself some time since tomorrow evening is Sketch Night.  This is my favorite time of year when all the good stuff like cranberries gets harvested....I love cranberries!   There's a recipe for cranberry sauce on the back of the bag of cranberries.  It's a very simple sauce to make.  I rinsed the cranberries out and put them in my tiny colander, so I could use the pot I put them in for the water and sugar.  They looked so pretty in the colander, that I had to sketch them.  But alas, my subject was short lived as I had to dump them in the boiling water and sugar.  They will go nicely with the chicken I'll be roasting tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful and you have perfectly captured them... you should google Cressida Campbell... she is an Australian artists and I love her and think you would love her too ... this reminds me of her work xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will, thanks Tracey. I have a friend who's touring Australia right now doing pastel workshops. He's an amazing pastelist.

    ReplyDelete

Gina Lento on Facebook
>