Sunday, November 13, 2011

AEDM - Day 12 - Pastel experiment

This is the 2nd piece I worked on this evening, same concept with the same reference photo I took in Colorado, not looking to accurately portray the Northern Lights, just experimenting to see what I can do with the idea...tried a few things differently here.  First, I used a self prepped MultiMedia Artboard.  I prepped this 8x10 board with Golden's Pastel Ground.  I tried the same thing here as I did on the little watercolor.....I didn't use fancy tricks, just pastel straight up on the grounded board, blended with my fingers, brush and pipe insulation.

I like it but I see in this image a few things that I want to tweak, the foreground isn't exactly what I was trying to do.....and some other things need tweaking.  Even though it's an experiment, I want a quality result.  This one is still up on the board for more work.

Oh, and day 12 and 13 are out of order because I was under the weather yesterday so I took a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Lento on Facebook
>