Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tonight's Sketch...

Here's the first page out of my Sketchbook Project 2011.    Color looks better and richer in the book, looks like I need some color adjustment skills on the laptop.  I sketched it out first in pen and ink, then added watercolor with a Niji waterbrush.....definitely and handy little tool to carry on you.  I was trying some things I learned in my pastel workshop last week and trying to apply the concepts to my sketch.  There are some techniques that I can do in watercolor that I like, and I would like to be able to do in pastel, and vice versa.  The sketchbook is a little 5 x 7....the paper is much sturdier this year.  The watercolor didn't bleed through to the other side.  It just crinkled, which I don't mind, adds character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Lento on Facebook
>