Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last post of May....Blue ribbon winner


May ended with a bang, so to speak.  A pastel painting I entered in a local group show won first place in the pastel category.  I was thrilled.  I was also thrilled over the large turnout for the Reception for the Show...I am also the Publicity person for the group so it was great to see the fruits of my labors with such a large turnout.
This painting was one of the ones I did in Snow Hill during the Snow Hill paint out.  It was the first day I was out painting and we passed these bushes on the road...we drove down the road and I asked my husband to turn around so I could look at these one more time....sometimes your subject just screams to be painted.
Well May was a good, productive month.....looking forward to June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Lento on Facebook
>