Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish

Today is a sad for those of us that love Apple.  Steve Jobs has passed on.  Tonight, I was out sketching in, of all places, the local cemetery.  This sketch isn't finished.  I still had more work to do but I lost the light and decided to call it a night.  It's a quirky sketch, the tree was very fascinating and was very appropriate for a cemetery... My husband was home for only a few minutes before he had to go out and I wanted to spend those last few minutes with him. I figured I'd finish it when I got home... At this point, it's more symbolic to leave this one unfinished.....

Today, I had read a passage in a book I was reading about a woman who wrote a few pages in her sketchbook after her husband passed away.  I sketched in a cemetery...and an or so later, the news of Steve Jobs became public.

Facebook is flooded with folks and their musings about this genius of a man.  He never let anything deter him from his dreams, he just picked up his boot straps and got moving, even when the chips seemed down.  I always admired him.

I listened to his 2005 Stanford Commencement Speech.   He talks about our journey toward death.  Upon getting up in the morning, if you ask yourself if this was the last day of your life, is this how you would want to live it and you if say "No," it's time to change that.

 It's never too late to live your dream.   Stay hungry, stay foolish, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Lento on Facebook
>