Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My final part of my Paint Annapolis Report

The bottom painting is from day 3 which was Saturday, Dueling Brushes Day.  I woke up feeling under the weather and to make matters worse, it was cold and damp.  There is an Italian restaurant down by the dock that has this awesome balcony that I want to paint every time I am down there.  I started to sketch out the entire building, then scrapped it because what I liked was the balcony so I should paint what I like, right?

I enjoyed doing that painting so much I "forgot" about not feeling well.    But I was sooo cold.  I couldn't warm up after that.

Saturday night, John and I popped the paintings into frames, then we lined them up and with Steve Rum's assistance, we picked the two for the main gallery and the four extra paintings to sell.  It was tough, we kept going back and forth and I almost changed my mind at the last minute when we got there on Sunday.

The Exhibition was fun.  Lots of great paintings and great prize winners.  Overall, it was a totally amazing experience and I felt honored to be a part of it all, and best of all, I made a lot more friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Lento on Facebook
>