Sunday, October 9, 2011

Paint Annapolis Report Part 2

Friday morning had a little bit of sunrise to it so I went out by the water and painted this...by the time I got there the sun was a little higher in the sky and the rays of the sun were coming down, almost like something out of the movie "The Ten Commandments.  When I finished, I was going to move to another location, when I looked to the right I saw this scene below


With all these little sailboats.  As I started the painting and getting my sky going, there were people coming out to get the sailboats....so what started to be a painting of a lot of little sailboats, turned out to be three by the time I got to them.  They were all that was left...I could have painted more in, but I thought the story would be more fun told in the way I painted it.

After these two paintings, I took a break and in the afternoon.  While my husband away golfing, I painted this sailboat.  I am not a boat painter, but I enjoyed the different challenges and had fun painting them.  That evening, when we got back to the Rums house, I also did a little night time study with sailboats on the water.  I'll leave that one to my private collection, LOL.  More on Annapolis to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Lento on Facebook
>