Sunday, April 3, 2011

International Fake Journal Month (IFJM) 2011 - Which Journal?

Here is the journal I am going to use.  It has eco friendly paper made from the bark of a Lokta plant that grows in abundance in the Himalayas.  It's a handmade book from women cooperatives in Nepal.  I figured this would be an appropriate choice.  The paper is going to be a challenge with wet work, I think, but if I can survive the Moleskine Cahier sketchbook that we used for The Sketchbook Project, I can work with anything.

I am going to try writing with a fountain pen since the ol' BIC pen sure wasn't around in the 1800's.  Too bad I can't find one of those feather quill pens.  :-)

This first page, the elegant lady is welcoming spring with the tulips that were forced in her greenhouse.   This is actually for April 1st, but I didn't get a chance to post it until today.


And just for the record, I am taking many artistic licenses here, I will try what I can to be accurate to the time, but I'll be stretching things a bit, LOL.

1 comment:

  1. i love that you are writing in it with a fountain pen!

    ReplyDelete

Gina Lento on Facebook
>