Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Studio


Well April and May have been bringing in warmer weather. A welcome change, my Spring flowers are popping up all over the place.

Hubby built me a new studio, well actually, he moved me into a larger space. It's so nice that my daughter loves it and is paying me frequent visits when I am in here, we usually have to pry her away from her computer. The nice studio space makes my confinement a lot easier and more pleasurable to bear, though I am gimping around somewhat better than I was a month ago and I need a cane to walk. I can't believe I am still not able to walk normally yet and it is still very painful.

On the one wall in my studio, I asked hubby to put a cork tack strip up so I can tack brown paper to it. There's a box of good old fashioned Crayola Crayons and some markers so that anyone that pays my studio a visit can succumb to their urge to express themselves on my real wall...Much better than a Facebook wall. I also got a studio easel from my Hubby as a birthday present so I can paint on a real easel instead of one that collapses when I push hard on the canvas. I don't know what people see in those French easels, they are so unstable no matter how hard you try to secure them. My Guerrilla Box is TOTALLY amazing when I use it for painting en plein air.

I have this totally awesome pink chair that I can sit and read in....I mean this chair is PINK as you can see in the picture.

I also have a studio pet, a Betta fish with no name as of yet....he's a really cool color, almost an iridescent purple. I just got him for my birthday. He eats like a pig. Maybe I should name him Pinkie to go along with the pink chair....

I have some projects I have to get back to working on. My studio is now supplied with a footstool so I have a place to rest my foot when I am in here. It's a nice cozy place to create after I get off work. Standing at the easel is still a challenge but I can sit at my desk a little better now.

My usual Plein Air plans are out the window because I can't stand up to paint. Sketching is a little less of a challenge, but even sitting has it's aches and pains. It's amazing how even the simplest tasks still have to be handled delicately. I can't kneel or squat down to get something. It's hard to stretch and reach things up high. There's a constant pain and stiffness that I have to deal with and it gets frustrating because all I want to do is be normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Lento on Facebook
>