Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Productive Summer


Well, so far, summer has been very productive for me.  Trying to get out as much as I can to paint which means not much time spent on the internet...

To the right is a sketch I did this evening down by our waterfront...this one was done in my Art House CoOp sketchbook....in the distance is Fire Island....

It was a very breezy evening....I have been spending so much time painting that I haven't opened my sketchbook in a while....

In a recent workshop I took, we were shown a scaled down version of a travel easel.  I have a 9 x 12 Judson's Guerrilla Box that I use to paint plein air, but I wanted to try a smaller, more portable set up.  I have  6x8 Thumbox that I was using as a portable watercolor set up but I always travel with a palette so I really don't need the box for watercolor, so I converted it to a portable pastel set up.  The little study below was done on a 5x7 Pastelbord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Lento on Facebook
>